Moving Google Analytics Accounts to Another Google Account

For last few months, after I have been creating a few new GAAs (Google Analytics Accounts) for new blogs I have just started to write, the list of GAAs had been growing.

The Number of of My Google Analytics Accounts before the Move.

To a point that I had 13 GAAs, and most of them have been inactive, eight to be exact.  I don't like that, I need to downsize and move those to storage unit, so to speak, but I couldn't find a way to move the account, but it's been there.

The key is to use User Management, which I just re-found out, because in my backup account, I already have 4 that was originally in my primary Google Account.  I have done it years ago, but I just couldn't remember that I have done it until I wandered into the User Management, it was like a light bulb moment and it's exactly how you move a Blogger blog, which I remember how to do.

Google Analytics Account User Management

Get to the User Management tab, add the email and make sure the account-to-receive has all the rights, you can also check the notification email for records.  It's different than Blogger blog move, which requires account-to-receive's confirmation, the account needs to accept, but GAA move doesn't, once added, that account has it without needing the consent.  Which is kind of weird in my opinion, but I am not complaining, because less buttons to click.

Account Added to the User List

Once the account on the list, you can directly delete the current account/account-do-not-want, and it's done.  Don't even need to switch over, but that might be a good idea to delete from there, making sure it has all the power it needs.

Now I only have five which actually is actively using Google Analytics, good housecleaning.

Comments

Popular Posts